Cheesy Chicken Italiano (adapted from Kraft.com)
3 cups pasta
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 Jar spaghetti sauce (I used chunky garden variety)
6 oz. velveeta cheese – cutup
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ diced Onion
1 diced Garlic glove
1 tbsp Olive Oil
*you can marinate the chicken in Italian dressing or marinade prior for more flavor*
- Make pasta as per package.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil, sauté onion and garlic and about 2 tablespoon Italian dressing
- Add chicken and cook about 3-4 min each side (depending on thickness)
- Add spaghetti sauce, salt/pepper, cover and simmer for about 10 min.
- Check to ensure chicken cooked thoroughly.
- Add velveeta cheese, stirring until melted.
- Drain pasta and stir into sauce/chicken mix, add additional seasonings/veggies as desired
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and any additional seasonings, you may want
You can play with this.. add veggies or chop the chicken up, add additional seasonings, etc.. I didn’t marinate the chicken, though I think next time I will as it will add more flavor to the chicken. Everyone scarfed this down (including my 3 yr old) and loved it! It was YUMMY!!!!!!! Nice comfort food!
This post is being linked up to the Dishing It Up recipe hop!