August 24, 2011

Beef Enchiladas

I originally found the recipe for the No Fuss Tex Mex Rollups from Kraft, but didn’t like the Chili flavor that they used.  Also, using 1 lb of ground beef for my family of 5 just wasn’t enough.  So I kinda went with it and used what I had in the cabinets and it turned out wonderful!  I typically use Tostito’s salsa & everyone in my family loves this!  Very yummy and so simple/easy to make!  J   You can play with the ingredients some and use red peppers (as Kraft calls for in their recipe) onions or jalapenos.  We top ours with sour cream and my husband uses jalapenos on top of  it.  I’ve also made this using Taco seasoning instead of salsa to mix into the meat, I prefer the salsa aspect gives it more flavor with the onions, etc. that are in the salsa. 


Ingredients:
1.5 -2 lb ground beef
1 jar any type Salsa
½  cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
8 flour tortillas (medium)
Italian dressing
1 lg. container Sourcream (optional for topping)
Jalapenos or green chiles (optional)

  1. Brown meat in pan, drain.  Stir in ½ jar Salsa, sour cream and ½ cup cheese.  Mix well and heat slightly.  Remove from heat.
  2. Spoon meat mixture down the center of the tortillas (you can top with cheese if you like , I do..) Rollup each one up and place seam side down in a 13x9 inch pan.
  3. Drizzle Italian dressing on top and top with remaining salsa and cheese.
  4. Broil about 6-8 inches from heat about 5 minute or until cheese is melted.
  5. Serve warm and top with more sour cream, peppers or chiles.

Now on a side note, Look what my garden produced for me since Saturday!  I was so happy, I was able to can 3 quarts tomoatoes, freeze 4 pkgs jalapenos (going to can once the habaneros come in).  My beans and carrots did not fair well at all.  But the 2nd crop of beans I planted I got some.. so I have enough for a package I foodsavered.  Still considering whether or not I have enough time for a 3rd crop, hard to determine with our weather so iffy.. but we are usually pretty warm through October. So we'll see...



Beef Enchiladas
*adapted from Kraft No Fuss Tex Mex Rolliup*

(photo: Kraft Foods)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment