The following recipe was my tweaking/concoction from one I found on allrecipes.com. My 3 yr old asks for this everynight and it’s so simple, quick and easy! I usually have a stash of chicken in the freezer just for these type of purposes. A month ago I made a whole chicken and for the 1st time I actually sat there and picked all the chicken pieces off! I then froze what I had. What I had leftover has now made 2 meals, last nights I beefed it up some with a little bit of turkey and nobody knew the difference!
You could also make this with
or beans even! The possibilities are endless… Beef, Turkey
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (more if you prefer)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning recipe Here…
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium size tortilla shells
1. Combine soup and 1 cup sour cream in a bowl until well blended, set aside.
2. Cook Chicken in olive oil until no longer pink, add taco seasoning or chili powder (your preference) and mix/heat well. Add about 3 tbsp of soup mixture to chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Scoop about half the soup mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly.
4. Spoon about 1/2 cup of chicken down the center on each tortilla; sprinkle with about ¼ cup of cheese, roll up. Place seam side down in 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Continue until no chicken left.
5. Top dish with remaining soup mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese & tomatoes
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover, switch oven to broil and broil for about 5 minutes. You don’t have to broil it if you don’t want, you can just let it cook another 5 minutes, I broil it so the top has that brown crispy texture to it.
7. Serve with sour cream and any other desired toppings such as jalapenos, hot sauce, green chiles, onions etc.
I have also made this and topped it with a "10 minute" enchilada sauce that I got from allrecipes.com as well.
Now of course I forgot to take a picture, so I have borrowed the one from allrecipes.com:
Make sure and check out alot more chicken recipes at Dishingitup