February 6, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread

Thanks to my quest for breakfast ideas I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes.  Turned out pretty good.  I used a bag of strawberries that my mom had given me from her patch over the summer, glad I froze them and found a use for them!

I've been eating this bread almost everyday at work for breakfast, right now they are giving out free oatmeal and well i'm not a big fan, it's free so I'll get it, I'll eat it but I am already getting burned out on it.


Ingredients

·         ½ cup butter – melted

·         ¾ cup sugar

·         2 eggs

·         3 oz. cream cheese

·         1 container of Greek yogurt

·         1¾ cup all purpose flour

·         1 tsp vanilla

·         ½ tsp baking powder

·         ½ tsp baking soda

·         ½ tsp salt

·         ¼ tsp cinnamon

·         1 cup strawberries – chopped (fresh or frozen and thawed)

Instructions

1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter and the sugar.

2.     Next, mix in the eggs and the Greek yogurt.

3.     After those four ingredients have been mixed together, add cream cheese, and add the vanilla.

4.     Mix in all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

5.     Fold in chopped strawberries.

6.     Pour mixture into individual mini loaf pans (or 1 large loaf pan) and place in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (55-60 minutes for a large loaf).

7.     Once cooked through, remove from oven and allow to cool.

8.     I stored these in small Ziploc bags inside a big freezer bag for extra protection.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment